[IP] Treating Lows

I am interested to know how most of you treat low blood sugars. Specifically
do you (like my CDE recommends) eat enough carbs (10 to 15g) to raise your
blood sugar the 40 to 60 points to eventually bring it back to "normal"? Or
do you (like me) tend to empty the refrigerator trying to get a FAST result.
And - more to the key concern of my question - if you "over eat" to treat
the low do you bolus for the excess carbs?

Pat Jobe
DM 35 years, Pumping 35 days.