[IP] Blood donating redux

Concerning donating blood email @ redacted  said

"... It is NOT a safety hazard for potential recipients, unless of course
you were ever on the animal made insulin .."

I think the real concern here was with beef derived insulin.

Could someone refresh my memory? I have forgotten which insulins were
derived from what sources. In the mid 60's I used NPH and REGULAR. Most of
the 70's, 80's and early 90's it was LENTE and REGULAR. Then Humulin Type L
and Type R during the late 90's and now HUMALOG. The Humulin and Humalog are
obviously no concern but  were did the NPH, LENTE and REGULAR derive from?