[IP] RE: mental decline & athletes

>--- was a thread last summer about people who "feel" especially creative
>at in the low-normal range.  I have also heard athletes performance
>is best in the low-normal range.  I am curious whether any of this
>holds true, and if so, how the results compare at higher and at lower
>Tim

Improved athletic performance while in the low bG range is probably the
result of increased levels of epinephrine (adrenaline).  Many! years ago I
experienced one of those long drawn-out lows just before a tennis match.  I
carb loaded before the match but I was so hyped and energetic as a result of
counterregulation that I just couldn't get tired.  It was the best game I
ever played.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998