[IP] RE: mental decline & athletes

>--- was a thread last summer about people who "feel" especially creative
>at in the low-normal range.  I have also heard athletes performance
>is best in the low-normal range.  I am curious whether any of this
>holds true, and if so, how the results compare at higher and at lower

Improved athletic performance while in the low bG range is probably the
result of increased levels of epinephrine (adrenaline).  Many! years ago I
experienced one of those long drawn-out lows just before a tennis match.  I
carb loaded before the match but I was so hyped and energetic as a result of
counterregulation that I just couldn't get tired.  It was the best game I
ever played.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998