[IP] RE: Burn Out (was responsibility)

Linda said:
>>------------- You would think after 3 years of D and 1 year on the
>>pump that he would know how the 24/7 sometimes wears me out, and offer -
>>hey - let me do everything for him today!

Darrin replied:
>As many will tell you, I may not be able to help but you sound really
>burnt.  there is a term for this:  "Diabetes Burnout".  email via the list
>or to me in person if you want an ear, OK?

Perhaps it's again time to mention the book by the same name, "Diabetes
Burnout", by William Polonsky, Ph.D., C.D.E..  Although I have not read the
book, others whose opinion I trust, said it was great.  I have read articles
by Dr. Polonsky where he has demonstrated insight and perception coupled
with helpful advice.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998