[IP] mental decline

Because I work as a School Psychologist, I have often wondered
what effects it has on testing intelligence. Since I have been
tossing around ideas to do a disseration this has been one that
keeps popping up.

To test a theory of my own I had a co-worker (yes we practice on
each other often) administrater a new cognitive test on me when
my blood sugar was low (65). Compared to other intelligence tests
that I have taken I lost an significant amount of points on my IQ
and in very specific areas too. Long term effect I don't know. But it
would be an interesting study on kids that were tested before they
became diabetic and to see what the scores were after they had
been diabetic for some time if there were changes. If I find a
research article addressing this I will post it.

Gail J Donohue