Re: [IP] Re: blood sugar sensor

Last June I read a press release on the Glucowatch and contacted the
company...I was told that it had to pass human clinical trial first which was
being conducted in Europe and then get FDA approval, then go to full scale
manufacturing -- about 3 years if all goes well.  I can't wait !

Cheryl K
pumping since 9/95

In a message dated 1/7/01 1:04:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< In a message dated 1/7/01 2:29:38 PM Central Standard Time,
 email @ redacted writes:
 > The glucose-stimulated molecules in the implant transmit the body's
 > "readings" to a wristwatch-like monitoring device on the arm that wold
 > alert the patient to the exact amounts of insulin needed to maintain a
 > proper glucose level in the body -- the key to managing diabetes.
 > The device works in conjunction with a pager-sized insulin pump worn
 This is really exciting!
 Now how soon this will be available to the general diabetic public is the
 type 1 diagnosed 9-81
 new pumper!!
 started 8-21-2000 >>