Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #770 ( start pumping the 16th)

If you feel comfortable with your doctor and she's willing to learn
then try to work it out.

I love my primary doctor and have a dislike to the endos in the
area. I was able to sit down with my doctor and we made an
agreement that he would be available to me and he would learn
along side of me about the pump. He has a friend that is an endo in
another city that has experience with pumps that he calls for
advise at times.

He bought the Pumping Insulin book and read it through. We have
both referred to it as need. The key for me was that he was willing
to learn and that he has made it a point to be there when I needed
him. He has several partners but if I call in with an emergency his
partners contact him and he gets right back to me.

In the four months that I have been pumping we have had a pump
failure requiring waiting for 24 hours for a new pump to arrive,
surgery that went great because of the pump and several little
crisises. Minimed as provided great support to both him and me

Gail J Donohue