Re: [IP] responsibility

>My husband does do some of the care of Adam (5) but generally only when I
>ask - "could you please test him, change his site, get his snack, tell him
>what the snack is." You would think after 3 years of D and 1 year on the
>pump that he would know how the 24/7 sometimes wears me out, and offer -
>hey - let me do everything for him today! I would value that more than
>anything!  Sometimes he is a "couch slug" and will spend 2 hours on the
>weekend or at night lying on the couch and dozing - drives me crazy!

I sympathise with you.  You must get so frustrated and tired!  I offer you
hugs and the knowledge that many on this list are with you even when you're

I want to make a few *positive* points for you to remember:

- Adam is among the top luckiest kids in the world to have a mom like you
who cares so much for his health

- I get tired out and frustrated too from the 24/7.  I wish I could get
just *one day* of relief once every ten years but I'm the one who's

- You are doing DM for Adam; not for your husband.  <---IMPORTANT POINT

- Many caregivers and diabetics have no support in person.  That;s one
reason this list is here.  I wouldn't be pumping without the IP list.

As many will tell you, I may not be able to help but you sound really
burnt.  there is a term for this:  "Diabetes Burnout".  email via the list
or to me in person if you want an ear, OK?

All my best.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  40% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!