Re: [IP] Splenda

On 8 Jan 2001, at 18:56, Jeff Reap wrote:

> Has anyone tried the new no calorie sweetner Spelenda?  I began using it on
> the advise of my Endo and CDE and really like it.  I'm using 1/2 of what I was
> using with NutraSweet.

I use it almost exclusively in foods that I prepare and have for more
than year now.

I particularly like the tablets for my coffee.  Except I hate that
dispenser.  You shake and shake and shake and shake and
SHAKE, then suddenly a whole bunch will fall out at once.  Usually
too many.  heh.  But still.

My brother and his wife don't like my Grandma's cream cheese
torte made with splenda, but *I* love it!

I'm pleased to note that grocery stores have begun stocking it
(unfortunately only in the packet form, not the full box of granular
nor the tablets, but it's a start) and I noticed that 7-11 had a basket
full on their coffee preparation counter.

I find I like the taste MUCH better than the other artificial

I purchase boxes of granular direct from www.splenda.com  And I
buy the tablets from http://www.low-carb.com/index.html