Re: [IP] Insulin to carb ratio

You're exactly right, it is a YMMV thing, but it does seem to
work well for *most* people. Since Susan's son is just now being
put on the pump (and is still doing MDI) they have nothing else
to work with BUT his TDD. Have to start *somewhere.* That is how
we got started with ours and it changed from 1:15 to 1:20 within
the first month or so (and has stayed that way for a year now)
after we did the trial and error thing. That is why I said (as a
CYA move LOL) that will likely change anyway when he is actually
ON the pump and they see how it all works out.

Nita said:
his is definitely a YMMV thing, as in my daughters case.  With
her, the formula would have her ratio at 1:35 (500 divided by 14
= 35)  She actually uses a 1:13 ratio (about to be 1:11)in the
morning and a 1:20 ratio the rest of the day except a late
evening snack which would be 1:2

little guy due 3/10/01