Re: [IP] Re: Darrin not needing to be perfect

It took us at least 6 months to learn the pump basics.  And we still don't
fully utilize all the features.  Keep posting with problems for the group to
respond to.  You are doing fine; I mean that sincerely.  It is not easy in
the beginning.  I sent out an SOS to the group about 2 months into the
process; and got about 12 really good responses.  I was truly ready to quit.
My daughter and I were so stressed out.  Now, we both look back and say it is
worth it.  It is always hard though, being diabetic.  The pump is not magic
dust.  It is just a more sophisticated management tool.  Even if your A1C
doesn't go down on the pump, you will probably enjoy a looser, more normal
lifestyle.  That benefit alone, is an improvement.  Not having the support
system you deserve is a tragedy.  You owe nothing to no one.  It is about you
and only you.