Re: [IP] Re: A Funny Thing Happened On The way to the OR

On 8 Jan 2001, at 5:09, Denise Guerin wrote:

> As I waited on the stretcher for the elevator to take me to the OR from the
> Radiology Room. I heard a beep, and then another. <snip> I checked out my site, the tubing,
> everything was ok.  The Alarm Card  did not indicate any pattern of beeps
> similar to the ones I had heard.  I put the pump through a self test. A- ok.
> Puzzled, I hopped back on the stretcher and we proceeded to the OR passing
> another elevator on the way.  Beep, beeep, beep, beep, the DAMN elevator was
> beeping with the exact same sound as my Minimed 507 each time it passed
> another floor!
> <GRIN>
HA! :-D  I love that!

Sometimes I think there's too many beeping things in this world!
Wouldn't it be neat if we could program voices into it?

"Hello!?!?!  You haven't touched me in 9 hours, what's the deal
here??  I'm feeling unloved and neglected!"

"I'm hungry!  Feed me some insulin!  You know I don't like it when my
reservoir goes below 20!"

"Save me..... save me.... " fading out as the battery dies