Re: [IP] QUE: High Protein/fat meal causing an 8 hour delayed high?

>In a message dated 1/7/01 10:58:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><< my D doesn't have a square
> wave  >>
>I had this same dilema with my MM 506 until I got my new 508 a few months
>ago.  Can you set a temp basal rate for several hrs instead of the square
>wave?  I did this with my 506 often with high fat night meals.  Even one to
>two units spread out over the night makes a large difference. For example,
>set your basal up from 0.8 to 1.0 for five hours for a 1.0 unit increase.
>You might want to look at the Animas, its both waterproof and with all the
>square/dual wave features.

Thanks Jeanie.

I can't upgrade pumps in the foreseeable future due to no healthplan but
you gave me a great idea!  I'll just increase the basal *slightly* for the
entire night!  Wow!  going to try it in a few minutes!

Per:  I will require 45 units for 45 CHO's (all vegie and protien) and will
bolus 30 at the meal and set a temp basal for the other 15 units overnight!

Many, many thanks!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  40% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!