Re: [IP] Insulin to carb ratio

Hey IPers when a newbie, especially a D-mom, is asking questions about
carb/insulin ratios you need to remember to tell them how you came to using
the figures you are giving out.  AND if it is a young child, as it is in this
case, you don't arbitrarily start using a figure just because it is the one
you-an adult- are using.  The C/I ratios are based on total daily insulin
usages, including basals and average boluses.  Everyone is basically
different and no one particular number is going to work for everyone,
especially children.  That is why when I responded to this particular
question I did not take up list time/space and responded to her personally
with all of the mathamatical equations involved so that she can figure out
what her son's needs are!

  Sorry for the soap box, but if I were a newbie mom I would be terrible
concerned and confused, after reading some of the responses.

mom to Joshua