[IP] re: all that knowledge

i work in a nursing home.  the way they deal with diabetes absolutely
astounds me. i'm talking about type ones and type twos. i have to restrain
myself from getting in verbal arguments with the dietician, the nurses,
doctors, all the time!  they are all on diets, get special desserts...
don't test often, are high all the time!  and the doctors think it's
absolutely crazy to even think of a pump as an option. they often say "it's
fine for you since you're young, but not for the folks here."  HOGWASH!
sorry...i'm passionate on this subject.
Erinn, pumping with vinnie over a year now.

"When I worked in a nursing home in the early 80's, we did the best we could
with diabetics with what we had at the time to deal with.
Hopefully they aren't still being run in the same way as far as care for
diabetics. "