Re: [IP] Insulin to carb ratio

That depends on if you have the Dis pump set to .1, .2, or .5
increments. Ours is set to .1 so I would do 4.1 also. When we had
it set to .5 though, I would've rounded it and used 4. I like the
.1 increments much better than the .5 as I can get much more
precise with the bolus (and it can make a huge difference
sometimes, depending on the bg. We've been much more successful
at getting close to the target bg with the .1 increment.)

RoseLea said:
Just divide the total carbs by the amount of carbs per unit.
62/15=4.133. With a MM pump, I would bolus 4.1 or 4.2.  With a
Disetronic I would bolus 4.  What I do with my Disetronic I round
up or down depending on the amount of bolus.

little guy due 3/10/01