Re: [IP] Re: insulin to carb ratio

Lyndy wrote:

<<I *think* that worn out mom was talking about the basal amount (.1 u) and
wondering if they should be taking that amount of insulin into account when
figuring the carb bolus . . .>>

The basal shouldn't be firgured into the carb bolus, the carb bolus is 1
unit per so many grams of carb, regardless of what the basal is.  The basal
is to keep your bg level with no food.

By the way, I carry one of those teeny pocket calculators to figure the
amount when my brain is too tired to think anymore.