[IP] High Protein/fat meal causing an 8 hour delayed high?

I've had delayed highs due to high protein (3 to 5 hrs later), but I also
had a WEIRD high the other night after eating a frozen dinner at 7pm (40
carbs).  Went to bed with a BG of 133, checked at 2am for a BG of 81, took 1
glucose tab to ease me through the night and at 7am (12 hrs later) I was
255!.  Quick released and primed to see if the pump was still working and it
was, bolused for the high and was back to normal by noon.  Cannot figure out
what happened, unless there was a bubble in the line.
Kathie W.