Re:[IP] hi pro/hi fat meal

Thanks Barb for your informative reply.

>...I ate some great deep-fried scallops!<<
>If you didn't have symptoms of a low (if you do recognize
>them), I wouldn't think you went low between  4 and 8. Did
>you eat any carbs with that meal? That one meal is very
>close to the recommended fat grams per day for anyone, not
>just DM. (I /am not saying you should avoid the meal.)

I know.  Usually my TTD fat is less than 20%.  This was a "treat" and the
first such since starting teh pump.

>If you really wanted to establish the food absorption peak
>and the Humalog peak, then testing hourly would have
>established that for you. Who would want to do that at the
>wee hours of the morn, unless you are up all night anyway.

did this on MDI over the years.  However; now everyting is different on the
pump!  I don't look forward to months or years of re-regulating as my endo
and Gp seem to think a few weeks is enugh to get a 100% grasp on pumping -
i know they are setting me up to fail but i am unders serious presure to
achgieve perfection ASAP to prove to them pumping works.

>Other variables to consider: your own unique body response
>to the carb-protein-fat absorption; does your digestion slow
>down during sleep (if you were sleeping), your insulin
>absorption rate at his time of day, basal rate changes in
>this time frame, presence of a dawn phenomenon.

Good point.  i never considered that digestion could slow during sleep.  I
do know form many 24 hours tests recently that all ratios do cahnge during
sleep as opposed to waking.  trouble is there is no way to determine this
as waking to test or staying up all night to test yeilds different results
than what i suspect happens during normal sleep.  I'd give my spare pump
for a week wiht teh CBGM!

Thanks again BArb.  I guess it;'s all as i suspected.  I can't achieve
perfect results in a month and re-learn all the DM that I had on MDI since
that data is now obsolete.

Thanks again.  I wish we had CDE's in NS!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  40% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!