[IP] Re: It's not the same

email @ redacted writes:

> Are you aware
> that diabetes research dollars amounts to ONLY $316 million per year,
> whereas
> AIDS research dollars amounts to over $1 BILLION.  It is obvious, to me,
> that
> DM is not the disease-du-jour.  If everyone on this board wrote just one
> letter, that is over 2800 letters to congress.
My dr's office passed out cards with this kind of info on it several years
I've thought about this a lot and talked to people i know about it brad.
More people have diabetes, die of diabetes and more health care dollars are
spent on diabetes but we get so much less money for research.  I think it is
partly because of how outspoken aids advocates have been in the last 20
years.  We as diabetics are usually a large and silent group and we have no
major advocates who make the news constantly.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000