Re: [IP] Re: fingers for testing

GHearn wrote:

<<This sound like something good to try. Have you ever used your forearm
say you can and I've tried several time with no luck. I have no fat on my
arms and that makes it hard to squeeze any blood out even at the deepest
setting on the lance on blood, but the side of my hand may work.>>

There's a technique to use for lancing the forearm for the FastTake.  They
sent me a brochure which explains how to do it.  First, you either rub the
area or lightly tap it to get the blood near the surface.  You apply
pressure with the lancet device for a few seconds before poking, then before
removing the lancet device, you keep applying pressure for a bit.  This
helps get enough blood out so you can do a test.  I've done it that way and
it works much better.  Also use the outside area of your forearm.