[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #766

No,CDE's do not get kickbacks from pump companies. In our facility, we show
clients all available pumps.  The insurance carrier frequently dictates which
pump you get. Also, the customer service from pump companies varies from city
to city, that is a factor at times.  For a while I worked primarily with one
pump company, as a result, I got freebies for my patients, and loaner meters
for gestational patients.

The soft serter was designed for several reasons, more comfortable insertion,
bu t also it reduces the crimping of cannula.  So use it.
The lancing devise that is most comfortable, based on patient feedback, is
the Bayer company's that comes with dex and glucometer elite. I believe it's
called the microlet.  It is short and squat in design, shape reduces
vibration of device, therefore less tissue trauma.
Thanks for input about using one finger/day.  I plan to use that this week in
my education classes.  Priscila Schell,RN,CDE