Re: [IP] Aspirin & ACE inhibitors?? Anyone else ever hear this (I've been doing both for years)

Yerachmiel Altman <email @ redacted> wrote:

> OK: I'm a little scarred.  I've been taking an aspirin a day for my eyes
> (and the rest of my clottiness) for the last 20 years and I've been on
> vasotec ever since it was released.  how come no one told me this!!

When this appeared on another list, I looked it up in the PDR.  I found no
indication of interaction between lisinopril (Zestril and Prinivil) and
aspirin in any dose.  I *DID* note that there is interaction between
lisinopril and NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen, etc.), primarily in the effects on
those with kidney disease.  I was somewhat bemused (amused?) that there is a
potential for interaction between lisinopril and insulin!  I did not check any
other ACE inhibitors.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my
wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.