[IP] Re: Pump selection

Did I come off as anti-Minimed? If so, I didn't mean
to. I was just trying to respond to the question I thought had been asked,
with the limited info at my disposal. And I certainly have nothing against
choice, or against people making different choices than I do. /Janet L.>>

This thread comes through about quarterly - if not monthly. We get new
inquirers regularly about which is the best pump and it seems a few choose to
put MiniMed down at the slightest provocation. Then sometimes it will come out
as a trash - then a disclaimer of ANY pump is good. Get one. This is the first
I enumerated that length of my likes and thought it was time. Since there are
2,800+ on this list, it was aimed at all who have doubts about which pump is
best. I like mine - for ME. Others can choose what they like best for them.
Those were MY reasons. I'm also tired of hearing about the chintzy door on the
508. Out of 1000s of them out there, we hear of only one or two problems which
could certainly be user error.

For years our SS class went bowling on New Year's Day evening. About 30+ of us
would gather with large amounts of carry-in food . We got a pres. of our class
from another denomination who announced, "You can go if you want, but we're
not." FOUR of us showed up. One statement can kill an idea or plan. I'm glad I
had what I did before I joined this list. lol (~_^)