Re: [IP] The Americans With Disabilities Act

snip>However, I think it's important
that people on this list know that Linda Chavez, the newly appointed
Secretary of Labor, is on record as having ridiculed the Americans
With Disabilities Act as "special treatment in the name of accommodating
the disabled." >

At this time I totally disagree with that statement about her.  As a
diabetic for 45 years,  I have been discriminated more from the Federal
government than  the private sector or business. Therefore it's is quite
important that Linda Chavez is given the chance to prove herself.   Our last
Clinton administration has done little to enforce the ADA mandates.  And I
for just one person take what the AP reports with a  little or no real
merit.   I always check the resources and find many biases.  So just a
opinion of how I view our news services today.  There is very little real
true reporting-- just what the press wants the reader to believe.  Just my
opinion about what our press does for its readers.

email @ redacted
Type I for 45 years
Began pumping w/MM 507C 8/31/99