[IP] Re: changing lancets

Debby wrote:
>>Do most people use a lancing device or just lance directly?  I have been
diabetic more than 38 years and never liked the lancing devices.  I always
thought they hurt more than just pricking with the
lancet. I do change lancets every 5 or 6 days. >>

I, too, have not like the lancing devices. The meter in my purse is
straight-sticking style. I know pretty much the depth to poke except when that
6-mo. time rolls around and I get a new one and forget the sharpness. LOL  But
when I became a participant in the AccuChek Complete user study, the SoftClix
was included and I like it. That is what I use at home. The lancet doesn't get
changed often - every 4-5 months - really.  I don't use those dangerous
alcohol swabs that I did for 15+ years for fear of losing my fingers now.