Re: [IP] pump selection questions

You know I am getting a bit concerned about how often I read on this list how
someone's endo or CDE influenced a person's decision about which pump to get.
 Our endo, THE BEST ONE IN THE WORLD, for our son was adament about NOT
influencing us on which pump to get.  At the time we had MM and Dis to choose
from and even though MM had been around longer our endo was new to BOTH of
them, or pumping..period!!!  But he clearly stated to me that it was NOT his
place to decide which pump a family should use.  It is his job to learn as
much about them, along with us, and support us, the family, no matter what
our decision is.  To see/hear how these CDEs or endos are swaying their
patients into using one pump or the other makes me wonder if they are not
receiving some kind of 'kick-back' fom the company they are preferencing.

  There are THREE very good companies out there, and ALL of their products
are good!  No one company is better than the other, in my opinion.  I think
it is WRONG for these professionals to tell their clients that they SHOULD be
going to one company over the others.  It shows that these professionals are
not as professional as they may think they are and should probably be doing
more research into all of the companies so that they have ALL of the
knowledge needed to safely and ACCURATELY inform their clients.

My opinion, and mine alone!!

mom to Joshua