[IP] Re: All that knowledge

> Again, I am not 'knocking' he CDMOMs out there...my mother would have
> certainly qualified for the CDMOM when I was growing up.  But did want you
> all to have it from another professional's point of view.

My original intent (plagiarized from another IPer) was the nursing home
aspect. Going to schools to speak isn't going to help that poor dear fighting
with the *caregivers* their every meal, every needed test (but, it's not time
for you evening test YET), every correction. I'm pretty certain (not 100%)
that MANY of those workers have only the knowledge of someone on staff who
told them *M/M SoAndSo has DM and can't eat that, they get a shot at XX:00
a./p.m and test once a day.* Perhaps that's just a pee test if the home wants
to cut costs. That's how DM was handled for 4-5 decades and many doctors are
still in the *here's a sheet of paper, do your best* mentality. Those
caregivers may be equal to that notion.

Certainly some of our CDMOM/DADs could use their knowledge to help just a
handful of people. When I go to a nursing home, I want to know where one of
you is - that's where I want to go. If you're out speaking at a school, I may
not get to test when I need to. (~_^)