[IP] sof set problem

Hi, My name is Carole and my son Zack is 8.  He went on the pump Nov 21, 00.
We have had a terrible time with his tape sticking, but I think we finally
have most of that resolved.  My question is this... We like using the sof-set
(MiniMed 508) instead of the sil because they are easier for him (and us) to
tolerate on insertion.  (Even though we use the emla cream, my son is still
terrified of needles after 6 years of shots--go figure).  Every time we use
the soft set, we have a problem with the cannula getting kinked when he is
very active & playing.  When we use the sil we don't get that problem, we just
hate inserting those because they never seem to go in right.  Sometimes it
feels like we hit a blockage and sometimes I'm afraid that they are too
shallow.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Or do you have any helpful hints
on inserting the sil better?  Thanks.