[IP] Re: All that knowledge/CDE

I didn't think you sounded snotty or that you're knocking anyone.
You're right! I certainly understand their reasons, and it makes
sense. You wouldn't want just anybody managing your diabetes
because they may not really know squat (like those
self-proclaimed experts who will tell you diabetics can't have
sugar or that you need insulin for a low - because after all, you
can't have sugar. ACK!) So there does need to be some regulation
there. It's just that, for those of us who do have *some*
knowledge and would like to expand it, maybe even professionally,
it is a long, long road to getting there. That's why I said I'll
be able to get the CDE cert. by the time I'm 90, as it will
likely take me that long to meet all the requirements. :)
Hopefully not though.
I know I can do the education part if I apply myself. It's just
going to take a while so I just have to be patient.

Roxanne said:
I don't mean to sound 'snotty' but I may and I want to apologize
(some snipped)
Again, I am not 'knocking' he CDMOMs out there...my mother would
have certainly qualified for the CDMOM when I was growing up.
But did want you all to have it from another professional's point
of view.

little guy due 3/10/01