Re: [IP] Protein Bars? (fwd)

My understanding on this may be a little off and I'm sure Jan or Barb or Mike
or spot will jump right in...but protein breaks down (or something like that)
the glucose which can actually cause your BGs to drop which may put you at
risk of a hypo.  Also, if there is a high fat content then you are taking the
risk of going high several hours down the road.  There are lots of books out
there that explain these things alot better than I am right now but you need
to be concerned about hypos with too much protein and late hypers later on!
Does that make any sense?

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua