[IP] New member's High BG w/new site

> Beverly Tepper <email @ redacted>
>    Hi. I am a 62 year old woman who has had diabetes
> for 51 years. I've been on the pump for 1 or 2 years. My
> biggest problem with the pump is that it sometimes
> doesn't have much effect until a few hours after I start a
> new site. I believe I am careful about getting rid of air
> bubbles.

Welcome to IP. Hey! I'll be 62 on 5/24 and just celebrated 50 yrs of life and
survival with DM 11/4/00 with a BASH (Bawling, Amazement, Sincerity, Humor).
I've been pumping a tad longer than you, but perhaps you are having the same
problem I did for several years before I got on the 'net and found the answer.
I started pumping when the steel needle came straight out of the tubing and we
bent them ourselves. Then they came out with a pre-bent one. I was allergic to
the metal, but tolerated that for about 9 years. Then when I got the SofSet no
one told me that the 0.5u prime after removing the introducer needle was to go
INSIDE me. I should have been smart enough to realize that, but didn't.
Therefore, are you priming 0.5u of insulin inside you after removing that
sucker? It made all the diff. in the world.