Re: [IP] All that knowledge

In a message dated 1/5/01 11:17:49 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have been following this thread with much interest because I figure I may
 be someone who could benefit from whatever develops. I am 68 yo, have been
 Type 1 for 58 years, and pumping for 5.5 years. I have lived alone for more
 than 40 years and have done pretty well taking care of myself. However,
 unless I die suddenly, the day will probably come when I will need some kind
 of nursing home. But, as I recall Jan already pointing out, that will put me
 at the mercy of nursing home personnel who don't know what insulin pumps are
 all about. >>

And not only that, they'll try to put us on a "diabetic" diet. FEH!!!!

Jan and Elvis