Re: [IP] All that knowledge

I have been following this thread with much interest because I figure I may
be someone who could benefit from whatever develops. I am 68 yo, have been
Type 1 for 58 years, and pumping for 5.5 years. I have lived alone for more
than 40 years and have done pretty well taking care of myself. However,
unless I die suddenly, the day will probably come when I will need some kind
of nursing home. But, as I recall Jan already pointing out, that will put me
at the mercy of nursing home personnel who don't know what insulin pumps are
all about. We've got to find a way to take advantage of all the pump moms,
at least some of whom will probably be more than willing to provide the
technical support that is going to be needed in nursing homes. I sure hope
that Jan's idea will result in what we all recognize will be (is?) needed.
Tom Beatson