Re: [IP] Dressing

In my short time pumping I find:

Adhesion is better when the set is applied to an area already washed by a
greese, dir and dead cell remover.  I use "Pore Clean".  this is alcohol
and salicylic acid.  Sold under a number of names a bottle for a few
dollars will do a year.  It is used to clean the face for acne.

It is amazing how much dirt and greese is left after a thorough scrubbing
in the shower!  As it also removes dead skin cells; I find the sites are
cleaner and don't get that red bump around the insertion point.

Otherwise others recommend a variety of things including washing with
acne/sulfer soap and using unscented dry underarm to prepare the site
*before* IV prep. and the insertion.

Good luck - i enjoy bowling too!

>Hey everyone!
>I was changing my infusion set today and had no trouble as is the norm.
>However, I went bowling with some friends tonight and things started to feel
>funny on the insertion site, which is about 1.5 inches right of my belly
>The dressing was peeling and caused my infusion thing to look like it may
>come out. I put another piece of dressing over top of the needle, IV3000 (I
>use the default dressing that comes in with the infusion sets..with the hole
>in the middle)
>Now the IV3000 is coming lose from the skin. I am a fairly skinny guy, so I
>am not sure what is going on. when I stand up everything looks fine. But
>sitting down and looking at the site, my love handles (LOL) may be the
>Any advice? :)

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  40% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!