[IP] Protein Bars? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:28:03 -0500
From: Munzil A. Qureshi <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Protein Bars?

Hello there I am a 22 male, dx'd in 1980 (when I was 2) I have been on the
pump for about a year and I am very active in tennis and working out... I
have recently begun taking protein bars (once in the morning and once
after a workout, usually two a day). Does anyone know of any negative
side-effects of protein bars for diabetics? The one I use is "Pure
Protein Chocolate Deluxe" which has 15g of carb which I bolus for. I want
to add some muscle mass so I've been advised to eat as many grams in
protein each day as my weight ( I weigh about 170 lbs) I usually take the
2 protein bars each day (total of 64 grams) and have 2 foot long subs
during the day and my regular breakfast, lunch etc...My question is are
protein bars not good for diabetics? any chemicals etc.?