[IP] unraveling diabetes from the benchtop perspective.

 > It just sem to me that if
 > they can unravel the human genome in the past 5 to 10 years they ought
 > to have been able to cure diabetes over the past 32 or more years of
 > trying.
And they still can't cure the common cold. (~_^)
You didn't have a good model of IDDM until recently with the NOD mouse and
they did isolate the IDDM 22 gene and figured out that IDDM was a
retrovirus infection you could get infected with if you had the IDDM 22
gene. but there is no vaccine as of this date but they are working on it.
What can I say, we spend a lot of time brewing coffee in the lab and seeing
if ours is better than other labs. Spot. who is getting an uncommon cold.
A Bender, M. D.