[IP] Re: cost of first meter.

email @ redacted writes:

> I remember first thinking of finding a BG meter in 1981/2 but decided that
> I wouldn't spend that much...... (about $400)...
> About 2 years later I finally did spend a smaller amount for my first BG
> meter - A mere $250.00   Think that was in the summer of 83...
> Anyone else?

I got one as a christmas gift in 82 or 83.  I remember my mom crying when i
opened the box.  I really don't know how much they paid but i thought it was
a lot at the time.
I think I'll ask if they remember.
Before that the cde's i used had a program at their hospital where you could
rent one for a week or a month to check out how your bs was doing at home.
That was exciting at the time.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000