[IP] All that knowledge

Although we request replies be cut,  I'm going to leave the entire post on
that Kerri sent since it demonstrates what I'm referring to. Someone recently
asked what the parents were going to do with all their knowledge of DM after
these children grew up and out of the house? This has been on my mind a lot
lately. I'm probably nearer residing in a nursing home than what I'd like to
admit. But I visualize elderly DMers (T-1/T-2/pumpers) stuck in a *home* and
fighting continually with their caregivers who *know it all* and don't have a
clue, so the residents just *give up*. Then there will be this large group of
parents in 10 years or less with all this knowledge and their usefulness is
basically over. Somehow these two situations need to be combined to help each

I can also visualize that since our knowledgeable caregivers on this list do
not have medical degrees, they would be banned from any kind of trusting care.
Does anyone have an idea for this transition so *everyone* benefits??????