Re: [IP] Cost of first meter...... and when (prior to 1985)

I remember very clearly buying my first bg testing
machine, an Ames Glucometer in Febuary of 1982, I had
just found out I was pregnant with baby #1. the
machine cost $375 Canadian (maybe that was a good deal
back then??...can't remember the exchange rate). It
took 60- secs. to get a result with the wet wash.
After all the moves and scaling down, I am not sure if
I kept it or not.
 I figure with all the free meters I have got over the
years, and the 4 wonderful babies that I had, it was
worth every penny!!
Carolyn Green......Happily Pumping 1 year! :o)

Do You Yahoo!?