Re: [IP] Cost of first meter...... and when (prior to 1985)

In a message dated 01/04/2001 6:32:24 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I remember first thinking of finding a BG meter in 1981/2 but decided that
 I wouldn't spend that much...... (about $400)...
 About 2 years later I finally did spend a smaller amount for my first BG
 meter - A mere $250.00   Think that was in the summer of 83...
 Anyone else? >>

Yes, I bought one of those $400 meters in 1981, from Ames I think.  My mom,
my husband and myself each pooled together our tax returns to buy it and a
bottle of strips, which cost $60 for 25 strips.  At that time I was 20 years
old, in college, and both husband and me living on part-time minimum wage
jobs ($2.90/hr).  At the price of the strips I just used it if I felt real
high or low.

Now I get my meters for free and my insurance covers 300 strips a month so I
can test 10 times a day.

OK, NOW I want a little wrist watch to tell me what it is ALL the time...

After that I fully expect to be cured, (heh, I can dream can't I???)