Re: [IP] Cost of first meter...... and when (prior to 1985)

At 09:49 PM 1/4/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>I don't recall precisely when I got mine, but it was the Boehringer
>Mannheim Chemstrip. It must have been in the early to mid-80's. I remember
>you had to put a large drop of blood on the strip, watch the clock and
>blot the strip exactly on time... then the meter would read it.

I think that must have been my first meter, too.  Sounds the same.

So, for you old timers, what were the strips you dipped in urine for 2 or 5
seconds (depending on date), then read?  I distinctly remember doing this
with urine.  Was it TesTape?  Or am I thinking of the DextroStrips and I
really used blood?  Or did I just use the right strip with the wrong body

Jan?  What do you have in your collection?