Re: [IP] Cost of first meter...... and when (prior to 1985)

At 09:07 PM 1/4/2001 George Lovelace wrote:

 >I started trying to remember when I first got a meter and can't recall
 >the date.  It was an Ames Glucometer, the type you plugged into
 >110 v.   I just dug out an old Ames meter this weekend, but not my
 >first one.  This one is updated and only used 4 AA cells. (wow)  For
 >a history of glucose meters, look to Rick Mendosa's pages:
 >	http://www.mendosa.com/history.htm

I don't recall precisely when I got mine, but it was the Boehringer
Mannheim Chemstrip. It must have been in the early to mid-80's. I remember
you had to put a large drop of blood on the strip, watch the clock and blot
the strip exactly on time... then the meter would read it. It seemed really
wonderful at the time.