Re: [IP] Re: Cure

On 4 Jan 2001, at 19:47, greg mallon wrote:

> I have never doubted that a great deal of work is being done to find
> various cures, including vaccines. My concern is that after all these
> years there is no cure. Could it be that despite of, and unbeknownst
> to the individual bench chemists' sincere efforts, that insufficient
> funding or insufficient coordination of efforts is inhibiting the cure?

I am so glad that Scott King, the editor of Diabetes Interview, wrote
about this in the January issue.  He points out that funding tends to
follow the current "hot topics" without focusing on the next step
toward the goal.  What is needed is a ~Master Plan~ for the Cure.
I encourage everyone to read his article and to send your own letter
	Dr. Allen M. Spiegel, MD
	Director NIDDK
	National Institutes of Health
	9000 Rockville Pike
	Bethesda MD  20892

urging him to manage the direction of research and to develop this
Master Plan for a Cure. With your help, this can truly be the
"decade for the Cure"

George Lovelace < email @ redacted >
Born 8/21/48, Dxed 6/14/64, "Reborn" 8/13/98