Re: [IP] Cost of first meter...... and when (prior to 1985)

I remember having to drop the tablet into the tube.  I also had the tan
colored Glucometer.  That was the one I got when dxed.  I also spent a week
in the hospital learning everything.  I was 5 then(around 1984).  I remember
finding that meter a while back but don't know what happened to it now.  This
has made me feel lucky.  Things have come a long way since then.  I also
remember that I was on pork insulin b/c my nurse gave me a shirt that said
"Pigs are precious"  My mom kept that shirt and it is in a box in the
basement.  Thanks for the trip back to my childhood:)