Re: [IP] Cost of first meter...... and when (prior to 1985)

In a message dated 1/4/01 8:32:55 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< finally did spend a smaller amount for my first BG
meter - A mere $250.00   Think that was in the summer of 83...

I paid about that (out of pocket) for my first one, too, but it was probably
the previous summer, and it was an odd brand that allowed splitting strips in
half (my friend was still splitting them till very recently).  I had been
using chemstrips, reading them visually, since about 1980 -- and there was a
strip 10 years or so before that, that I used for those occasions when I
couldn't tell if my symptoms were from a high or a low, but visual inspection
could only differentiate between the extremes.

Linda Z