Re: [IP] Darrin/ns doctors

>In a message dated 1/4/01 11:58:57 AM Central Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>> I hate these so-called medical quacks.  I just cancelled my doc apts foro
>Darrin is there anywhere you go to another dr?
>I know you mentioned they are all that way in your area but I remember
>reading someone else in NS is having their kids go to endos that do pumps,
>maybe they'd see you too??  If you talked to them and expressed how you can't
>find an endo to help you with your pump?????
>It makes me angry that drs are so unsupportive of you in your great efforts.

No.  there are no endos in NS who treat adults and endorce pump use.  Over
the last five+ years I have worked my way up and now see the only endo in
NS who has ever had pump patients.  Those who have kids on pumps are at teh
childrens' Hospital.  They have a pump program there thanks 100% to Barb
Chafe.  The problem wew are facing now is that in a few years these pumper
kids will have no endo as the childrens' can only see them to age 17.

In the meantime, if I remain here i plan to keep looking for a young,
open-minded endo and teach him about teh pump.  (If it's a her, I may
propose). ;-/ ;-/ ;-/

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  40% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!