Re: [IP] pump selection questions

               Any pump you choose will do a good job in helping control your
BS and give you all the health benefits that comes with that control. I have
only been pumping for 3 months now and can only comment on the MiniMed 508. I
like the control and the features that come with the 508 the bolus options
and the remote. I noticed you mentioned you would like a rugged pump that is
where you need to be careful when it come to the 508. I have had only one
problem with my 508 the door to the reservoir compartment has came open on me
several times on two different pumps. Look closely at the reservoir door on
this pump I think that MM could have done much better in making this door
more secure and tougher, other tan that it is great. I have heard that the
Animas pump has combined some of the best features form MM and Dis in to
there pump. But I'm not sure how the res door look. GOOD LUCK