Re: [IP] Quick Release Barrel

on 1/4/01 4:08 AM, email @ redacted at email @ redacted wrote:

> Would like to know if anyone else is having the same problem I am with
> unscrewing the barrel on the quick release Mini-med pump.  I cannot release
> the barrel on the last few quick release sets.  I was wondering if they are
> defective or if anyone else has the same problem.  It means changing the
> whole set when you do not have to.  Very frustrating.   Traci

Traci,
I had the same problem and called Minimed.  I had tested them before
inserting so they told me to send the defective ones back and they would
replace and they did.  The best part is a few weeks later I received a
letter from MM stating "A closer examination determined that during the
manufacturing process, the mating dimensions of the QR connectors had
fallen outside of the design specifications.  Consequently, the Disposable
Products department has been notified and remedial action taken.  We regret
the inconvenience you have encountered and hope you will excuse the delay in
providing these analysis results".

In all later sets I have experienced no further trouble but, I also  twist a
few times  just to loosen up.

good luck,
Dawn
pumping since 5/00