[IP] Drinking regular pop not deadly

Rosalea wrote:
".....the deadly part is in not knowing it's regular pop and
thinking it's diet because that's what you ordered and that's what you
thought you got.  "

Explain to me how this would be deadly.  Yes, the BGs would be very high.
Yes, there would be contributions to future complications.  But there would
not be Ketones.  There would not be danger.

Again, as long as there is enough insulin for normal metabolic activity
there will not be any danger.  High blood sugars, yes, but no danger.

The reason I am pointing this out is because "WE" tend to be very concerned
with our or our children's care and do monumental things to maintain
health.  Part of this is to convince outsiders that it is REALLY important
to listen to us.  This opens the door to exaggerating to get their

This does us a dis-service.  The one thing that I would want someone to
give my kid if they were low and they had nothing else would be a REAL

The real fact is that, at the right time, not drinking that real coke will
kill them.  Don't confuse the outsiders.  We can't afford for them to think
that sugar will kill a diabetic, because that thought will.

If you were out hiking along a trail and came upon a nearly unconscious
person with a D bracelet on.  What would you do?

Curtis Lomax